- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach (thawed, drained)
- 12 strips bacon
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pan fry 12 slices of bacon and set aside on a cooling rack to drain excess oil.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan generously with coconut oil or olive oil then line each cup with one slice of bacon.
- Press the slice down, it will stick up on either side (these are your handles!)
- In a large bowl, crack and lightly beat 12 eggs.
- Wring out any extra water from the spinach beforehand with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel. Stir the spinach into the eggs,
- Scoop 1/4 cup of egg mixture into each muffin well, filling them up about 3/4 of the way.
- Sprinkle the tops evenly with the shredded cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
- These need to be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and heated up before enjoying.
101 Calories 7g of Fat 8g of Protein 1g of Net Carbs