- Zucchini Ribbons
- 3 medium zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Avocado Walnut Pesto
- ½ large avocado
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled
- ½ large lemon
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup water, if needed*
5-6 fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Italian seasoning*
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the zucchini into delicate ribbons with a vegetable peeler or mandolin slicer, being careful to stop peeling once you reach the seeds.
- Place the ribbons in a colander and toss with salt. Let stand while you prepare the avocado pesto
- Gather the avocado walnut pesto ingredients. This includes avocado, basil, walnuts, garlic, lemon, and cheese.
- Add all ingredients into the food processor and blend until the sauce is smooth. Add water to thin the sauce as needed.
- Grease a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bring to medium heat.
- Saute zucchini ribbons for 3-5 minutes or until they are just beginning to soften. Remove from heat.
- Spoon pesto onto zucchini ribbons and gently toss to coat.
- Plate in two portions of fantastically swirled vegetable ribbons. Garnish with fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese.
SERVES: 2, Serving size: 1 cup
Per serving: Calories 325; 26.08g Fat; 11.46g Carbs; 10.65g Protein