This wrap is a healthy taste of the south west.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or parsley (optional)
- 2 tablespoons prepared black bean dip
- 1 9-inch whole-wheat wrap, (see Ingredient note)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated pepper Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared green or red salsa, (optional)
- Set oven rack 6 inches from the heat source; preheat broiler.
- Stir together eggs, hot sauce and pepper, scallions and cilantro (or
parsley), if using.
- If black bean dip is cold, warm it in the microwave on High for 10
to 20 seconds. Place wrap between paper towels and warm in the
microwave on High for about 10 seconds. Spread bean dip over the
wrap, leaving a 1-inch border all around.
- Brush oil over a 10-inch nonstick skillet; heat over medium heat.
Add the egg mixture and cook 20 to 30 seconds. Place the skillet
under the broiler and broil just until the top is set, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Slide the omelet onto the wrap. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll the wrap
and serve with salsa
(Makes 1 Serving)
Calories Per Serving: 321